Luxury Yachts in Secluded Harbor
Vacationing has changed this year due to the novel COVID-19 pandemic. Luxury travel during COVID-19, however, is still possible by private yacht charter, where you decide who to vacation with and you decide on the itinerary. Whether you stay remote, spend time ashore, or a combination of both is up to your discretion. A yacht charter vacation is a terrific trip to take for privacy, luxury, and fun. While private yacht charters have adopted all of the changes needed for COVID-19 including cleaning and operating protocols, the crew can also usually be COVID-19 tested before any charter, if requested. One thing remains constant about private yacht charter vacations—the opportunity to vacation in whatever manner you would like, all designed around your choices within your comfort zone.
A private yacht charter is the perfect vacation to remain socially distant. Enjoy new scenery daily, while onboard your own private floating full service “hotel and restaurant.” The private crew is there to help make each charter a special experience. Enjoy water fun, drinks, excellent cuisine, stateroom service, and anything else needed so you don’t have to lift a finger. It is, after all, your vacation. Below we share three reasons why taking a private yacht charter vacation could just be the best way to vacation during the coronavirus.
Yacht Charter Lifestyle
A private charter yacht allows travelers to vacation in remote corners of the world. Anchorages unreachable by anyone except private yachts are very desirable locations to visit nowadays, as they are quite isolated with very little traffic. Some remote anchorages may even be in your own backyard—it might be possible to take a short drive or flight to a nearby port-of-call. Below are a few recommendations we have for remote vacationing:
- A New England private yacht charter vacation is full of history, quaint towns, to-die-for views, and scrumptious seafood. Those in or near New England have an excellent selection of itineraries to choose from including:
- Maine: Enjoy a lobster boil on the beach, explore Acadia National Park, or relax on Monhegan Island, and discover secret fairy houses.
Brant Point Lighthouse Nantucket
- Massachusetts: Visit Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, or the Elizabeth Islands for secluded, pristine beaches.
- Rhode Island: Experience the glitz of the Gilded Age in Newport by booking a private tour of the “Summer Cottages” and then take a stroll along the nearby Cliff Walk. water getaway.
- South Eastern residents could take a beautiful Caribbean yacht charter, as certain islands opened back up on June 1. If beaches, blue skies, and turquoise waters are calling your name, this might be the itinerary for you. The Caribbean is also a great charter location to keep in mind for the coming winter if you’d like a warm
Glacier Bay, Margorie Glacier, Tidewater Glacier
- For those near the west coast, Alaska is a fantastic place to visit during the summer. Take in the pristine views of mountains, ocean, and wildlife—including humpback whales, bears, and bald eagles. Even experience magnificent tidewater glaciers while you are here.
Pelicans in The Florida Keys
- East coast residents could also take a Florida Keys private yacht trip this summer. You’ll experience deserted white and pink sand beaches and warm clear shallow waters on this tropical getaway.
The Perfect “Social Distancing” Vacation
The itinerary for a private yacht charter is up to the vacationer. This is your opportunity to make the trip as private as desired, with the option to head ashore for mingling. If you would like no outside contact, and prefer to avoid crowds entirely, feel free to stay on board for the duration of the trip. Every charter yacht is quite literally a floating full-service hotel and restaurant—complete with a private chef and crew—where you are able to go when and where you choose and at your preferred pace. Below are just a few ways to enjoy your vacation from right aboard your private yacht:
- Fun-in-the-sun: Water fun is always available, as you are surrounded by water. Jump in the water—or if the yacht has a water slide, slide right in—and have fun with the on board water toys. Explore underwater coral gardens by snorkeling in a tropical location. For adventure, try windsurfing, paddle boarding, sea kayaking, jet skiing, or water skiing. And for the fishing enthusiasts, there is always fishing in any charter location.
Fun in the Sun with Water Toys
- On-board cuisine: You don’t have to leave your yacht for fabulous cuisine. Leave it up to your very own private chef to plan an exquisite menu catered to your tastes. Chocolate lovers, seafood lovers, vegetarians, or any other kind of diet can be accommodated. If you’d like to venture on land for a romantic beachside dinner, no problem. Let us know and we will set up a romantic shoreside location, with full crew service, for a private and incredibly delicious private lunch or dinner ashore. Plan a culinary lesson with your private chef to learn to make either your favorite dish or perhaps learn to make something new, with fresh local ingredients sourced in your charter area.
Yacht Chef Prepares Cuisine
- Experience private planned excursions: Many itineraries offer privately planned tours of local attractions. Just ask and all can be arranged before your charter. Your captain will make sure you are where you need to be to enjoy a shoreside excursion.
- Anchor in a secluded bay. Sun-bathe on the beach, hike through nearby forests, or have a beach picnic prepared by your on board chef—all in privacy and seclusion.
Sail with Confidence and Safety
Family Breakfast on Yacht Charter
Yacht crews are using specialized and recommended COVID-19 cleaning products. There are specific cleaning procedures that take place between charters, and we are following all safety and cleaning protocols for any goods brought on board. There is also always an ample supply of hand sanitizer available aboard every yacht.
Most yacht owners are agreeing to have a Coronavirus Addendum / Clause added to the charter contract which would allow a delay in the charter if:
- There are COVID-19 government travel bans or lockdowns that prevent either the charterer to arrive or the owner to deliver the yacht to the charter location.
- If either the crew or the guests become ill with COVID-19 just before the charter.
New dates that are mutually agreeable to take place within a certain time period will be determined upon any of the above circumstances happening. These efforts are here to give vacationers reassurance and peace of mind while planning a stress-free, luxury vacation during COVID-19, and to assure vacationers that if there is a COVID-19 issue at the time of your charter, your charter dates will automatically be rescheduled to dates mutually agreeable to you and the owner.
Private charter yachts are perhaps one of the safest social distancing vacations to take during this pandemic. A private yacht charter provides endless remote anchorages to visit, privacy aboard every yacht with just your group on board, and itineraries catered to your desires. Visit our website today to book your luxurious private yacht charter vacation.