Written by Missy Johnston
How does sunshine, beautiful sandy beaches, and a deep dive into local history sound? Look no further than a private yacht charter to Montenegro, one of the sunniest destinations in the Mediterranean.
The Montenegro coast boasts a number of harbor towns to visit while cruising on a private charter yacht, but day trips can also be planned inland if desired from the yacht—that’s the beauty of a personalized luxury yacht charter vacation. Your customized yacht charter itinerary will be filled with just the right amount of sun, sand, and civilization based on what you would like to see and do, as it is all about you!
Check out these highlights from a sample six-day itinerary along the Montenegro coast and imagine yourself exploring this amazing destination:
Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
- Step aboard your luxury yacht charter near the island of Sveti Stephan. Anchor in the protected bay and explore the cobblestone streets of this former fortified village dating back to the 15th century.
- Make your way to Petrovac and soak up the sun on the beach. History buffs will enjoy the Roman remains, while socialites can get their fill at the nightclub inside Kastel Lastva.
- Cruise down to Ulcinj, the southernmost city along the Montenegro coast. The residents claim the beaches here are the most beautiful in all of Montenegro—decide for yourself. Ulcinj is home to Velika Plaza (“Big Beach”), the longest sandy beach along the Adriatic coast. Take a stroll along the boardwalk or make your way into town and see the dungeon where Cervantes himself was imprisoned.
- Make your way north to Bar, a major seaport that is known for plentiful sunshine and—you guessed it—beautiful beaches. Enjoy a meal at “Knjaževa bašta” (“The Duke’s Garden”), a restaurant at King Nikola’s Palace.
Bar, Montenegro Church Ruins
- Wind down at the end of your vacation in Bigova, a charming fishing village and a great location for an overnight anchorage. Your private chef can create a delicious meal using fresh fish caught locally on the quay. Dine on the top deck and soak in the sun one more time.
Of course, this is just one example of a luxurious yacht charter cruise along the coast of Montenegro. Perhaps you prefer to start your trip in Kotor and explore “Old Town” before cruising down the Boka-Kotorska Fjord and heading down the coast. A customized itinerary will be created, just for your group, for the vacation of a lifetime featuring the perfect mix of sunshine, beaches, and history. Contact us today to start planning your getaway to the magnificent Montenegrin coast!